Sunday, October 23, 2011

Life Update: Epic October

I am seriously in the prime of my life right now. I've worked my butt off for it, but I feel just absolutely refreshed when I sit back and look at how things are going for me and knowing that it is all because I made it happen. This past month has just absolutely blown my mind with awesomeness.

Earlier this month, I was privileged to be part of my best friend's wedding. It was a new experience for me, since I had only attended one wedding in my life when I was like 10 years old. This one I was actually a "groomsmaid" for lack of a better term. I found out that weddings are pretty emotional, even if they are not yours. I'll admit, I cried a little when I saw my BFF's beautiful bride turn and walk down the aisle. I don't think I could do it though! Maybe some day, many many years from now. I am absolutely 100% satisfied with being single for a while though. I am just having way too much fun! ;)

The weekend following the wedding was also one of the funnest weekends of my life. I met up with an ex-coworker in the cities to see one of my favorite bands, Revocation! I saw them in St. Louis earlier this year and actually got to hang out with them at the bar for a while. They were some of the chillest dudes ever! A couple of them even added me as a person friend on Facebook. Shortly after walking into the venue in Minneapolis, the drummer actually came up to me, gave me a high five, and said that it was great to see me again! I honestly felt like the coolest person in the world at that moment. My friend was pretty amazed too. I even got a picture with them after they played:


These guys are all around my age, and they are super talented! Not a lot of newer metal bands can pull off their level of music. The friend I went with had never been to a metal show (he's a country boy) and he was blown away by how awesome they are! Every time I go to a show it really makes me miss being in a band. I am trying to get something going around here, but has been a struggle.

After the show we went back to the town my friend was staying in and ended up closing out a dive bar near the hotel. I have gotten where I really like dancing to stupid music, no matter how many other people are dancing/not dancing, or watching in horror. At least I am having fun!

The following Friday, I met up a first cousin that I hadn't seen in about 8 years and went to Haunt Night at Valley Fair. It was fun to roam an amusement park in the dark, but the lines to all of the haunted houses and mazes were super long. There was so much fake fog drifting around that it was nearly impossible to see anything, and when you had wind blowing in your face on a ride it was super cold! I still had a great time with great company. I am always willing to get out of the house and try something new. I also went to an open house for a studio that weekend that is co-owned by a guy that works at my local food co-op. I must say, I was impressed. By the studio and the guy! Vegetarian, metalhead, owns a studio...hmmm! ;)

The thing I did the most last month was work on my Halloween costume. A LOT. I spent countless hours, sewing, painting, cutting, and hot gluing my way to this:

Yep, that is my *vegan* version of Lady Gaga's meat dress! No animals were harmed in the making, just a lot of fleece, acrylic paint, and glue sticks. I went with some friends to a big Halloween bash at a local venue on Saturday night. It was fun, but kind of underwhelming. I honestly had more fun the previous night at another bar, not dressed up. It's always a good time when the bar owner and DJ are buying you shots!

Now that October is just another notch in the bedpost, I am honestly not quite sure what I am going to do with myself the rest of this year! I plan on hitting the gym hard again, because I had been slacking with spending so much time on my costume every night. Also, partying and being awesome can take a physical toll. My next few updates will definitely be all about food and fun little projects I have going on around my kitchen. I have been sprouting a lot and I even busted out my dehydrator!

No comments:

Post a Comment